Dinner is always an adventure at my house. Tonight I made Szechuan stir fry (The upside of unemployment! Time to make a real meal.). I used chicken, scrambled eggs, broccoli, red peppers, carrots, snap peas, onions, green beans, baby corn and water chestnuts. I may as well start having everyone select what they want and individually preparing each person’s version because as it stands I end up hovering over the wok with tongs to fish out all the baby corn for Justin and Alex and make sure that no broccoli is touching Alex’s chicken and no eggs get mixed in with Justin’s broccoli.
- Alex eats only rice, chicken, baby corn, carrots and onions.
- Justin eats rice, chicken, baby corn and broccoli.
- Cameron makes a peanut butter sandwich.
- David eats only chicken and eggs.
- Barry picks out most of the chicken. He also throws a small hissy fit if I make Chinese noodles instead of rice.
- I pick out the water chestnuts.
Don’t even get me started on what goes into making pizza work for the whole clan.