Been watching the Golden Globes now since about 6:00. It’s cutting into my Australian Open viewing. First I watched the red carpet arrivals with Alex, who was terribly annoyed when he missed the full pan shot of the bottom of the actresses’ gowns. He’s maybe just a little too concerned about shoes.
Anyway, here are some general observations.
- Nicole Kidman has a little bit of a gut now. I like that.
- Ricky Gervais is really, really ballsy.
- Is Annette Bening drunk?
- Yeah, French guy who won something for best choreography or something, no one wants to hear you talk, move it along.
- Matt Damon looks bored out of his mind.
- Jane Lynch, you are hilarious.
- Awesome speech by Chris Colfer.
Kaley Cuoco announcing Jim Parsons as the winner for Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical was so sweet. I just love Jim Parsons and Sheldon Cooper, so glad they won.
- Helena Bonham-Carter is batshit crazy (I stole that from Craig Ferguson…there’s really no other way to describe her.).
- January Jones. Yikes.
- Sandra Bullock looks like the weird girl from The Incredibles who won’t talk to anyone and hides behind her hair. Either that or Ringo Starr during The Beatles sitar phase.
- I’m guessing Lea Michele is like a total bee-yotch.
- I wish Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt would just go away. They really aren’t interesting at all.
- Ditto Justin Bieber. Nice shoes. (Insert sarcastic font.)
- Love Johnny Depp, but he needs a new pair of glasses already.
- My friend Rebecca looks just like Claire Danes.
- I’ve never seen Leighton Meester wear anything that looks good, ever.
- Anne Hathaway should have suited up for the Patriots tonight. She has the shoulder pads for it.
© Jennifer Alys Windholz, 2011