Sitting here on a summer solstice night, enjoying the cool breeze rustling through the curtains, listening to some reggae, editing some photos, and reflecting on what a nice day it’s been. One of my saltier posts, Drop And Give Me Twenty, was featured as Freshly Pressed on the WordPress homepage, so that was a very nice surprise.
The highlight of my day, though, was my five-year old cleaning up my entire living room and kitchen by himself, without being asked. He also asked our 11 year-old neighbor girl out on a date, and announced that they would be getting married tomorrow. He works fast.
Anyway, I thought I’d post some of my favorite photos from late spring.
- Trees at twilight at Lake Ann Park, Chanhassen, Minnesota.
- A pretty chestnut mare in Russell, Kansas. Her name is Lena.
- My 11 year-old son, David. I love the simplicity of this close-up. Reminds me of his baby face.
- Mourning dove on a rooftop.
- Senator Bob Dole with his wife and daughter at the 2011 Prairiesta parade in his hometown, Russell, Kansas.
- Thunderstorm in Russell County, Kansas. Not the greatest shot, but the first time I’ve ever captured a lightning strike. And I did it without a tripod or a trigger!
- Spring tulips and sun flare at the University of Minnesota Landscape Arboretum.
- My dad and my sister decked out for Prairiesta, a celebration held every ten years to celebrate the founding of Russell, Kansas.